Edmodo is a free powerful learning tool with the look and feel of a social networking site of face book. Edmodo is designed by educators to enables exceptionally secure cloud-based collaboration. Post, collaborate, add links, embed video, create quizzes and surveys and set assessments with your class online anytime.
To get started
1. Sign up as a teacher.
2. Search for Sir Joseph Banks High School.
3. Create a group. You will be given a code.
4. Get students to create an account and put in the code provided and a way to go.
For more info got to http://tonyt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/edmodoquickstartguide.pdf
Classdojo improves student behaviour and engagement by awarding and recording real time feedback. Teachers can save time by recording behaviours and accomplishments right in class, with just one click: NO extra data entry required.
Students can monitor their progress in real time through their own avatar via the teacher’s computer attached to the SMART board or via logging into their own account.
Through your portal – Learning tools
DEC ‘secure and easy to use blogging platform makes it possible for teachers to create collaborative class, teacher and students blogs straight from their portal. Teachers can monitor post and comments as well as set appropriate viewer audiences.
Diigo is a social bookmarking site designed by educators. Save and organise bookmarks/favourites anytime and anyplace. Use highlighting and stick notes on any webpage, organise bookmarks into list and then present as a PowerPoint etc..
As a Diigo Educator you can also
- create student accounts for an entire class with just a few clicks (and student email addresses are optional for account creation)
- set up as a Diigo group so they can start using all the benefits that a Diigo group provides, such as group bookmarks and annotations, and group forums.
- set privacy settings of student accounts so that only teachers and classmates can communicate with them.
A Glog is an interactive poster using different media and text. It is a fun way for students to engage on research projects and activities. Glogster is secure and easy to use because you can create and manage student accounts from your own dashboard. Note: Create your teacher account first then create your class and students logins. Students logins will not be blocked.