Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Studeous



I've been trialing Studeous within my school environment. It has some really interesting features such as podcast hosting faculties, student progress tracking, a grade book,etc. Students can submit essays or other files privately for marking and you can embed video easily. It has the usually communicate devices such as a whiteboard, text messaging, online chat, discussion boards, blogs. Teachers can also create test, quizzes etc. online. It also has a clean a sleek look. The disadvantages is it doesn't seem to have a week by week lesson layout like Moodle and its not as user friendly as I hoped. Overall, its pretty much designed for school rather than universities or colleges. I'm going to keep on trialing this LMS within my school environment. It's great because other teachers have also signed up to use it. Can wait to see how it goes.

Might also look at Google Groups.

I've also set up a Ning Social network with a group of teachers who are learning to digitally scrapbooking using Photoshop Elements. It seems to be working really well. It's still early days but it's incredible easy to use and set up as a learning system. Have a look.

1 comment:

Graham said...

Hi there,

I recommend you also check out edu 2.0. It's completely free, no ads, and has a similar set of features to Studeous.

Link: http://www.edu20.org

Cheers,
Graham

About this blog

My E-learning Journey documents my developing knowledge of e-learning applications and Web 2.0 technology and how I use them in my teaching and learning.